Skip to main content
- Each and every week of the NFL Football Season, you must choose the winner of each and every game, against the spread.
- You must also designate three games each week as your "Best Bets". These are the picks that you are absolutely, positively, 100% sure of.
- The entry with the most correct picks against the spread each week will win the weekly prize. If there is a tie, the entry that has the most correct Best Bets will win. If there is still a tie, the money will be split equally.
- The weekly scores for each entry will be accumulated and count towards the year-end total for that entry. The entry with the highest cumulative total at the end of the year will win the yearly prize, with the number of correct Best Bets used as a tie-breaker.
- The Western Canada Lotteries Point Spread, used in their "Point Spread" game will be used for the pool. The point spread as listed on www.wclc.com on Thursday mornings will be the official spread used for our pool. For games played on a Wednesday or Thursday, the spread will be published the preceding day.
- For the purposes of the pool, so that there is a clear-cut winner for every game against the spread, any WCLC spreads that don't end in a half-point (e.g. -3.0) will have a half-point added to them. For example, if wclc.com lists Rams -3.0, for the pool the spread for that game will be Rams -2.5.
- Once posted, the spreads for the pool will not change, even if the real-world line moves.
- In the event that the WCLC spreads are not published in a timely fashion a concensus of spreads published online by well-established online sources will be used instead.
- The entry deadline for each game will be the kickoff time for THAT game. Picks can be made and changed right up to the kickoff of each and every game! As in the past, if you don't have your picks in by 3:00PM on Friday, we'll send you an email reminder. If you still don't have your picks in one hour before gametime of the earliest game on Sunday, we'll send you a final reminder. If you don't get any of your picks in on time, you will receive one point less than the lowest score for the week, and count zero Best Bets.
- If a game is rescheduled to a different week the game will still count towards the week it was originally scheduled but you will get the chance to change your pick for that game before it is played.
- If a game is cancelled completely it will be considered a Loss for everyone (which could include losing a Best Bet).
- If a game is deemed a forfeit it will be counted as a Loss (despite the NFL's rules) in the pool for everyone (which could include losing a Best Bet).
- If the season is paused the pool will be paused. When the season resumes the pool will be resumed.
- If the season is cancelled before all Regular Season games are played the Yearly Standings for the pool will be final as of the date of the cancellation.
The onus is on you to get your picks in on time, and to make sure they're in correctly. No excuses, because we will be merciless!
- The entry fee is $54. That breaks down to $3 per week. $2 of the $3 will go towards paying the weekly winners and the other $1 will go towards the year-end pot.
- The prize structure for the weekly pot will be:
- 1st place - 60%
- 2nd place - 40%
- (If there are less than 45 entries in the pool, the weekly pot will go 100% to the winner.)
- The prize structure for the yearly pot will be:
- 1st place - 40%
- 2nd place - 30%
- 3rd place - 20%
- Highest total best bets - 10%
- All of the pool entry fees collected will be paid out!
- Weekly and year-to-date results will be posted on the website.